What is Graphic Design Through Entrepreneurship?
This is a 14-week course designed and written by 8393 Creative & Yep We Design Foundation Inc. to empower and impact our youth through Youth Empowered Programs. Students will get introduced to graphic design, and entrepreneurship. This program will help students understand what graphic design is, and how to use it. We’ll also touch on the basic industry standard software like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Students will also understand how to properly start, and pitch their own business.
This program is for beginners to graphic design theory, entrepreneurship and for anyone who wants to learn the basic principles of color theory, typography, layout design logo design, branding, starting a business goal setting and more as it relates to Graphic Design and Entrepreneurship.
The purpose of this curriculum is to
- Impact and empower youth through creativity and entrepreneurship
- Introduce students to the world of graphic design and help them understand how to use it
- Introduce students to entrepreneurship and understand how to start their own business
The curriculum has been built to support a full course on graphic design and includes an introduction to entrepreneurship.
The curriculum will give students grades 6-12 exposure to the design process and design problems as a way of introducing them to visual communication. It also exposes students to different business models and set ups as well as the art of pitching your business and or idea to potential investors, and customers. The curriculum includes:
- Unit 1A Introduction to Goal Setting
- Unit 1B Introduction to Graphic Design
- Unit 2A Design Fundamentals
- Idea Generation
- Adobe Illustrator Fundamentals
- Logo Type Design
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Adobe Photoshop Fundamentals
- Introduction to Photography
- Layout Design
- Adobe InDesign Fundamentals
- The Art of Pitching
- Pitch Day